I swore I wasn’t going to do this. I’ve managed to not do it since I was first tagged a few weeks ago. It’s now being talked about in all sorts of places, including MTV, ABC News, and USA Today. You know what I’m talking about. The much loved and ever hated “25 random things about me.”
I’m not one to ever miss a party, so here I am, adding my 25 things to the millions of other useless things other people have said about themselves.
25 random things about me
- Polar bears are my favorite animal, which is too bad since they’re going to be extinct soon.
- There are three movies that will always make me cry–no matter how many times I’ve seen them: “Juno,” “Pay it Forward,” and “Hope Floats.” ((Yes, there are probably more than three. If you think of others, let me know.))
- Speaking of crying, this commercial always makes me cry–no matter how many times I’ve seen it:
I’m crying right now, dammit!
- Even though Zachary insists it should be pink since I’m a girl, my favorite color is really red.
- I’ve been behind the stage (and underground) at Red Rocks. It was during a Harry Connick Jr. concert ((Yes, I got to meet him.))
- At Red Rocks I’ve also seen Sting, John Mellencamp, Natalie Merchant, Tom Petty, Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang and Reggae on the Rocks.
- I’ve had four best friends in my life. One I’ve just reconnected with, two I don’t talk to nearly as often as I would like to, and one I haven’t spoken to in over a decade. 🙁
- I hate clowns. I have always hated clowns. Clowns are evil.
- One of the best presents I ever received was one I was never able to use: an enlarger for a darkroom that we were never able to get built.
- I hate Taco Bell. I think their food is possibly the worst on the planet. ((Okay, maybe it’s second behind Casa Bonita but only people from Colorado will know what Casa Bonita is.))
- This is the second time I’ve been married. I didn’t try to be a very good wife to my first husband–I’m trying to be a good one to Chris. ((My first marriage was for 2 years. Chris and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in June. 🙂 ))
- I’m really bad at Guitar Hero, so I refuse to play.
- I’ve only lived in two places my entire life: Colorado for 34 years, and Florida the past 3 years.
- While I lived in Colorado my entire life I have never skied. Ever.
- I’ve only been out of the country three times in my life. And all three trips were to Mexico.
- Before I die I want to see Italy, Paris, and Africa.
- I don’t like going to the movies–most movies aren’t worth the cost of admission. I’d much rather watch movies at home in my PJs with a glass of wine and the ability to pause it when I have to pee.
- I love to throw darts, and was captain of a dart team in Denver until I got pregnant. Damn kids! 😉
- I really miss Denver. If we could manage it, I think we’d move back.
- I hate olives. ALL olives. Even Olive Oyl.
- My dream car (Saab convertible) turned out to be not-so-dreamy. ((And I still hate to love it.))
- I have seen John Elway drunk on a bar stage singing YMCA. Arm gestures and all.
- I still love roller skating and go every Sunday I can, for adult night.
- I didn’t appreciate Led Zeppelin until I was in my late 20s. Thank you Sara, wherever you are!
- I actually enjoyed waiting tables ((I’m really good at it.)) My two favorite places to work were The Piper Inn and The Brewery Bar.
And there you have it. You can all stop tagging me now!
This post was generously brought to you by promotional pens. Here’s another random fact: I love pens!